I love fabrics! So when the textile companies bring their latest wares to town you’ll find me in the front row close enough to run my fingers through each glorious one. If you’ve picked up a fashion magazine recently you’ll see that this year’s crop of fabrics has drawn some major inspiration from the fashion runway.
Here are the key trends…
1. Flora and fauna – bold botanical prints, bright florals, and charming birds and butterflies
2. Embellishments – exquisite embroideries, the return of lace, and old world crewels
3. Texture – beautiful cut velvets and raised chenilles
4. Colour – fun brights, feminine lavenders and pinks, and rich gemstone hues
5. Natural fibers – washed linens and crisp cottons
We’ve known for years that interior design follows fashion design very closely but this year they’re practically mirror images. Scarlett O’Hara was just slightly ahead of her time when she fashioned that dress out of those drapes!